Thursday, September 20, 2012

Songs that make you wanna dance



This is an interesting one, Brian at Pavement Runner described them as “songs that make you want to move your feet...while your moving your feet”.  I don’t have a lot of dance music per se but I do have a lot of music that makes me want to move.

Rules:
Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (Mine will most always be older than that!)
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year. (Harder for me)
Something to Consider: This is the wild card category - any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.

Something Old

Artist:  Depeche Mode (1989)
Title:  Personal Jesus
Side Note:  Before husband, kids, full time jobs and mini van, I used to go out and this is the type of music we danced to.  When it comes on when I’m running, I’m instantly faster (and younger). 


Something Current

Artist: Neon Trees (2011)
Title:   Everybody Talks
Side Note:  This is a pretty new addition to my playlist.  It may not be a classic dance song but it has a great beat and puts a spring in my step.



Something to Consider

Artist: The Autumn Isles (2008)
Title:   It’s Been Awhile
Side Note:  A fantastic song from Austrailian Band, The Autumn Isles.  I first heard this song online on the Aussie radio station Triple J.  It never fails to get me moving!  Sorry, no video but here is a link to the song (try it, it is worth it!)

Check out the other "Songs that make you wanna dance" from Pavement Runner and the other bloggers playing along.  
http://pavementrunner.com/playlist-thursday-catalogue/

No comments:

Post a Comment